Freequently Asked Questions

What payment options do you offer?

We offer weekly pay via PAYE, and timesheets that arrive at our offices by 9am on a Monday are processed and paid on Friday. Payment is made by BACS directly into your bank account each Friday.

How do I get a timesheet?

When you get booked for a shift, our systems automatically send you details of the booking and a timesheet.

Do you charge a fee for any of your services?

No, our services are free of charge.

Why do I need to attend a face-to-face interview with a VINE consultant?

All candidates are required to attend a face-to-face meeting to enable us to meet you and verify your experience, training and work status.

How do I register with you?

To start your registration with us click here to register your contact details initially.

Why is the registration process so onerous, I never had to do this even for my current employer?

We recognize that registration with the VINE can be a time-consuming process: as a responsible healthcare recruiter we are bound by the statutory recruitment and care standards regulations as well as the regulations and requirements of our clients. To help you to achieve full compliance we have partnered with a number of organisations and have dedicated teams of clearance and research staff to assist you. Ultimately remember it will all be worthwhile as once you are cleared to work with us we have a number of different agency brands that you will automatically become eligible to work for.

My full time job is within the NHS and I have never had to undertake all the training and compliance that you are asking me for and I work there every day: why do I need this in order to do the odd agency shift back in the NHS?

The NHS are very clear on these requirements; and as an agency worker you are effectively viewed as a new starter within the NHS meaning that you have to undertake all the training and occupational health requirements.

How does VINE deal with my Occupational Health information?

We recognize that this information is personal and highly confidential to you as an individual; we have for this reason contracted a private contractor who carry out all occupational health checks and provide advice on our behalf. They will undertake all the necessary checks and verifications and will make recommendations where necessary and will issue us with a “Fitness for work “certificate on your behalf once they are satisfied you meet the requirements laid down by the Department of Health. You can purchase this certificate for your own portfolio at a cost.

There seems to be a high level of training required, where can I go for this and get these courses done?

VINE has partnered with a private contractor to provide all the necessary courses that you will require to become compliant. Many of the courses are available online so therefore can be undertaken at your leisure. VINE Group has partnered with national training providers who deliver manual handling and CPR training on our behalf. You will receive certificates for your portfolio for any course that you attend that is affiliated with us.

Why do I need a DBS check, when I have one that has been done recently with my current employer?

It is a legal requirement that all candidates who work in positions that are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act undergo an enhanced disclosure for each and every agency or employer that they work for. The check must be in place prior to you undertaking any assignment.

VINE keeps asking me for my copy of the DBS check, surely you don’t need this as the DBS has sent VINE their own copy?

When the DBS service issue a disclosure certificate, they issue one copy which is the applicant’s copy which is for your own records. Registered bodies are prevented from disclosing any details to a third party concerning your DBS. We therefore request a copy of your applicant’s copy as many of our clients will insist on sight of this prior to accepting you for an assignment.

I completed a DBS with you over 12 months ago and have been working without issue ever since and now you are asking me to complete a new disclosure, is this really necessary?

It is an industry wide requirement and indeed a requirement of the majority of our clients that a new DBS is instigated every 12 months.

This all seems a lot of work that I have to do to undertake agency shifts, how can I be sure this is worth my while?

VINE Group cannot guarantee you work, our work is dependent on the demand for temporary staffing from our clients throughout the country. We do however book a lot of temporary hours every week and our consultants are extremely pro-active, therefore affording you the best work opportunities in the market.

How often do I need to update my training and occupational health details?

All information must be updated annually and required additional training undertaken by you to remain compliant. This means that every 12 months we will require new certificates of training from you – and our training partner will need to reassess your Occupational Health details and issue a new “Fitness for work” certificate.